Our top priority at SMB Dance is keeping all students, staff and parents safe. We have produced this document for everyone at SMB Dance to follow.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- 10 minutes between each class to allow for students to leave and arrive without crossover.
- Reduced class sizes. 15 maximum.
- 2 metre spaces marked out for each student.
- One way system.
- Teachers sanitize the studio between each class.
- No props will be used.
- No partner or contact work.
- We ask that children are dropped off at the entrance, a teacher will be available to see younger dancers in and out of the building.
- Sanitizing station available on entrance and exit to the studio.
- Windows will be open for ventilation.
- All teachers have completed a ‘Prevent Covid 19’ certification.
- All teachers First Aid trained.
- All teachers DBS checked.
- Thorough risk assessments will be carried out by teachers.
WHAT STUDENTS, PARENTS/GUARDIANS CAN DO
- We ask that students are dropped off at their exact lesson time at the entrance.
- We ask that anyone picking up or dropping off wait at the entrance or the car park to reduce the amount of people coming into the building.
- If someone different will be picking up your child please let us know who to expect.
- Please go to the toilet before you come to class. If the toilets are used they will be sanitized after every use.
- Students to use the sanitising station available when arriving and leaving.
- Students to keep to the 2 metre social distancing spaces.
- Students to come to the studio in their dancewear ready for class.
- Students to bring only a water bottle with their name clearly marked and dance shoes, limiting the amount of items coming into the studio.
- Students must tie their hair up.
- If you or anyone in your household have Covid 19 symptoms please stay at home as per the government guidelines.
We realise it is only natural for students and parents to feel a little bit nervous for their first class back. Our team are here to guide you every step of the way and to answer any questions you may have. We are super excited to be back and look forward to making classes as safe and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for all your support and we can’t wait to welcome you back to classes!